Sunday, April 8, 2012

New 'Do!

First off, a Happy Easter to everybody celebrating the holiday! If you aren't though, wishing you a good holiday is as close as I can get! Just a quick entry for today, as a lot of people were shocked (my parents included) on my most recent choice for a... hairstyle. LOL. This post is nothing earth-shattering, really. I just felt like blogging about my nonchalant Sunday.

As you all know, I pretty much sported an average Joe haircut--nothing awe-inspiring or lame. Just very... "ordinary." The heat's been getting to me a lot lately, along with the laziness of summer so I decided to sport the old military buzz I would usually get for the summer season: adequately short and incredibly manageable. After the usual Easter Sunday celebrations and lunch at Bubble Tea Greenhills with my brothers, sister and parents, I headed off to the salon at the Eastwood City Walk and halfway through my buzz cut, I basically told the stylist to stop cutting and keep it that way: just a hunch, I guess? It turned out pretty great!

photo from twitter.com/RXEJMariano
caption reads: "Lunch with the familly at Bubble Tea GH! Happy easter, errbody!"

photo from twitter.com/RXEJMariano
caption reads: "Meet my younger brother JR, my prodigy. XD"

The sides are pretty much reduced to a millimeter with the top sporting a full head of hair--pretty drastic, but I'm glad I stuck with it--something new to match the goatee and the stubble I've been trying to grow. 

before the haircut

after the haircut

after the haircut

If you're wondering where I got it done, it's a no-brainer! If there's one place I trust with my hairstyling worries, it's AZTA Urban Salon--a chain of hairstyling salons with branches all over Metro Manila. Reasonably and competitively priced (with haircuts averaging from 180 to 300, depending on the stylist), it's a perfect fit for budget-savvy students like me! I'm pretty much meticulous myself so when I say they get it right, that's a good thing! Pretty much all branches I frequent have a very attentive set of front desk staff; AZTA stylists and their assistants pay attention to detail and what the clients want, and personally, it's a plus that all branches smell like coconut cream (I know it's weird, but shoot me, I love it). How often do I visit? Before every hosting gig, which is pretty much every week or so only because my hair grows crazy-fast! I personally recommend visiting either the Eastwood branch (book either Ms. Angie or Mr. Jojie) or the Katipunan branch (book either Mr. Modie or Mr. Mark). Who knows, we might run into each other!

AZTA Urban Salon

Capped the day with dinner at Don Henrico's at the BrickRoad with my youngest brother, Eric, a.k.a. mini-me: pretty much a nostalgia trip, as their pizza was something I enjoyed growing up! After downsizing to only a handful of branches, Don Henrico's is pretty much a hard-to-find haunt nowadays. Hopefully, more accessible branches will come, but for now, braving the horrendous traffic of Cainta will have to do.

photo from twitter.com/RXEJMariano
caption reads: "With mini-me, youngest brother Eric. Kid takes after me, ha ha. All goofy and sh*t. #soproud."

Huge thanks to Ms. Angie from the Eastwood branch for this one, and Sir John Bantigue for helping me call it last minute! Check out their Facebook account for more details on their full line of services, prices and branch list!


So, what's the verdict? Hit or miss? Ha ha. Again, Happy Easter to everybody! 

Oh, and if you have time to spare, click HERE to read fellow Radio1 jock Nikki V's feature on the Manila Kid! I'm so proud of you. 'Til the next post!

That kid on the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment