Thursday, April 12, 2012

Blast from the Past - RX Circa 2008

Browsing through the center of all-things-that-must-be-forgotten-out-of-embarrassment, (Multiply. Read all about it HERE) I came across some old photos of RX related things--blog posts, reviews and old links. Given the recent schedule shuffle and all the other changes that have been happening at the station lately, I figured to reminisce a little! Bear with me on this one. If there's a life lesson I learned from the being in RX for a long while, it's the "change is inevitable" adage. Brace yourselves for a little nostalgia trip.

For starters, back in '08, the booth was filled with cockroaches. Bet you didn't know that! Don't you just admire our level of professionalism? Loyal listeners of RX would know by now that the RX booth has been renovated and looks waaay different from the old studio. Aside from the roaches, the other thing I can remember is the soundproof blue and beige padding on the walls. Looking at old photos seriously made me think "The booth used to look like that?" Not that it's a bad thing of course, as I do miss the dimmer lights the old booth had. It just looks... different. And intimidating, if I may add! Senior jocks would agree with me on this one.

with former RX jock Gelli Victor and former Radio1 jock Mona

with RX jock Francesca and former Radio1 jock Bea

with RX jock Andre Co

People came and left, too! If there's one person I miss having around, it's Igi Guerrero, whom some of you might be familiar with (aside from being an RX jock, he was also a MYX VJ). Along with Francesca, he's the other half of the pair that taught me everything I know about how to do radio and being a responsible broadcaster. Fran was somewhat the disciplinarian and Igi was the one that let me get away with my shenanigans! Ha ha. Looking back, those days were genuinely carefree--the biggest problem I had back then was who do I take to prom? Ridiculous. There's also the Radio1 jocks. Out of my batch of 27, only Angel, Mike, JJ, Helen and I are still around, so I guess it's safe to say that the Radio1 mortality rate is pretty high.

former RX jock Igi Guerrero with RX jock Francesca

with RX jock Andre Co, former Radio1 jock Enzo and Astroboy

with Radio1 batch 2007 to 2008

Damn. I've been around for close to 4 years so that probably makes me ancient and obsolete. In that span of time, I've met a lot of people and so much has changed! The renovation, jocks new and old, puberty, weight gain... ha ha. Also, 4 years of radio training and I can't seem to stop talking about myself. Ha ha. 'Til the next post!

That kid on the radio.


No comments:

Post a Comment