Saturday, April 7, 2012

Cleaning Out My Closet

I know I said that I would stave off from posting for the holidays, but plans for today hit a snag because Dad's running a really high fever--during the holiday, of all times. Dad only gets sick like what: once or twice a year? Whyyyyy. Boo. Get well soon, Dad! By Easter, I hope.

Forgoing church visits and dropping by a couple of relatives' houses, I resolved to make the day productive by cleaning out my closet--something I've been postponing to do only because it can get incredibly tedious when you have 2 closets. If you think that's bad, that's already downsized from an amassed 4!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some sort of fashionista or a metrosexual on spending steroids with multiple pieces of one shirt in all available colors. Aside from being a procrastinator, my friends would agree with me when I say that I'm a hoarder--kind of like a mild case of that reality show. So aside from taking forever to muster the willpower to clean out clutter, I tend to keep a lot of things in storage, so-much-so that whenever I do, whatever turns up amuses me so much that I get delayed from finishing the job even more! LOL. And it's the summer so BAM! Twice as lazy.

my room


Half of the job was done as last week as I decided to clean my room in general--sans my wardrobe (click HERE for photos) so when the unexpected free time came up, I set to it! After lunch, I pretty much hauled everything out of the drawers and off of the hangers, dumping everything on the wooden floor. First thing that came up were my old test papers from the whole school year (yes, judge me now) and next came the comic books and the old photos--always a treat because most printed photos I have were taken during my high school days (which I'll probably blog about soon enough!).




Just like any visually obsessive-compulsive neat-freak, the first thing I did was to sort out everything that was still wearable into different categories: (1) shorts, (2) blue jeans, (3) skinny jeans, (4) slacks, (5) dress shirts, (6) long-sleeved dress shirts, (7) collared shirts, (8) t-shirts I would always wear, (9) t-shirts I would rarely wear, (10) souvenir t-shirts (which I never wore), (11) tanks & shorts for house use, (12) tanks & shorts for gym use, (13) boxers, (14) briefs and my personal favorite: (15) boxer-briefs. Excluding accessories and bags of course. Ha ha.

my dresser

The folding came next: pretty much a routine so it wasn't much of a hassle, but the hard part was convincing myself to stand up and put everything back in the closet. Argh.




Once that got out of the way, I went through all the clothes I decided to give away--being the utilitarian that I am, you can pretty much figure out the state of the clothes I dubbed un-wearable. The shirts were pretty much either old and worn-out or over-sized--most of which were free from hosting gigs. I've always wondered why for some reason, student orgs think that free t-shirts are enough to pacify a sans talent-fee pro-bono host. Boo. Some of the clothes were just bad, like, looked bad--borderline Cher, but I think we all went through that stage where you're trying to figure out your own style yadda-yadda-yadda. Horrible fashion choices aside, I managed to fill up a whole garbage bag which other people might find useful. Or not. Whoops.




Next were the shoes--what my mom would call my "luho." If there's one thing I love buying with no hesitation, it's a nice pair of shoes. It's ridiculous. I've half of the pairs I own inside my room and I've pretty much distributed the others to my other brothers' and sister's shoe spaces because I've no space to put 'em anymore. Judge me!




All-in-all, I think today has been productive. Though I couldn't manage the strength and the will to make a visit to the gym for a long-overdue session with my trainer, at least my closet looks neat. And my room.

What have YOU been doing? 'Til the next post!

That kid on the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment